Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ronnie Aldrich - Christmas With Ronnie Aldrich (1964 album) Re-Released On CD

Vocalion seems to have re-released this christmas classic on cd (which was released on cd back in the 1990's), but it never seems to be available. However, if it comes available again, then make sure you pick one up. Especially if you like ROGER WILLIAMS. You see, like ROGER WILLIAMS, RONNIE ALDRICH is a master piano player in the easy-listening genre who usually has a nice and lush orchestra backing him up.

I really like 'The Christmas Waltz' and 'Toyland,' but every song is dyanmite.

Along with ROGER WILLIAMS, I would say that if you like the LIVING STRINGS and PERCY FAITH, you should like RONNIE ALDRICH. If you can find this on cd and like the style of christmas music I mentioned with the comparisons, then don't hesitate to pick this up. This is easily somewhere towards the top of the pile of my favorite christmas albums, it's that good.

2 comments:

Traitor Vic said...

Excellent! I've only recently discovered Mr. Aldrich (and his Two Pianos) and have been listening to him a great deal over the last couple of months. This will kick off my 2008 Holidays in Hi-Fi!

mr.christmas said...

Hey traitor vic,

Thanks for reading this blog.

As for the Ronnie Aldrich christmas cd, I'm not a 100% sure it is being re-released as the places I read that it was no longer say it. I may try contacting Vocalion themselves to hopefully find out. It really is an amazing cd, in fact, I will go as far as saying it's the best cd (album) he ever did, at least from what I own.

If you have an account at amazon.com, a seller may have a copy right now for sale. If you have the money for it, pick it up. I'm certain you won't be disappointed. Ebay often has a couple over the christmas months of november and december as well.

Get back to me if you pick one up. I'm curious on what you'll think.