Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Favorite Christmas Albums

I decided a top 10 list of my favorite christmas albums and cd's would let people know what I really like. Anything in the top 10 are albums/cd's that I really recommend (with number 1 as my most highest recommendation and my most liked or favorite album and as you go down in numbers, the recommendation and my liking goes down a bit, however, while number 10 is the lowest recommendation, it is still very recommended and very well liked by me). Note that I have many more albums and especially cd's that I have not listed here (since I really don't know where to put them in my top 10 at the moment or they don't quite fit in my top 10) with some of them also being very recommended, but these top 10 are my most highest recommended albums/cd's that every collector of easy-listening/traditional christmas music should have.

Also note that I have several new christmas cd's for this upcoming christmas and once I try them, I may add them somewhere in this top 10 list.

My favorite all-time christmas albums/cd's (as of September, 2008) are (and most are tied as I can't decide on them):

1) Living Strings - The Spirit Of Christmas (1963)

2) Fred Waring And The Pennsylvanians - The Meaning Of Christmas (1961)

3) Tie:
A) Mitch Miller And The Gang - Holiday Sing Along With Mitch (1961)
B) Jackie Gleason - Merry Christmas (1956)
C) Geoff Love And His Orchestra - The Geoff Love Christmas Album (1972)
D) Living Voices - The Little Drummer Boy (1965)
E) Lawrence Welk And His Orchestra And Chorus - 22 Merry Christmas Favorites (1960's?)

4) Tie:
A) Living Strings And Living Voices - White Christmas (1968)
B) Percy Faith And His Orchestra And Chorus - Christmas Is (1966)
C) Henry Mancini - A Merry Mancini Christmas (1966)
D) Arthur Fiedler - Christmas Favorites (compilation cd)
E) Living Strings - The Sound Of Christmas (1970)

5) Tie:
A) Perry Como - Season's Greetings (1959)
B) Connie Francis - Christmas In My Heart (1959)
C) Johnny Mathis - Merry Christmas (1958)
D) Kate Smith - The Kate Smith Christmas Album (1966)
E) Steve Lawrence And Eydie Gorme - That Holiday Feeling (1964)

6) Tie:
A) Fred Waring And The Pennsylvanians - The Sounds Of Christmas (1959)
B) Fred Waring And The Pensylvannians - Now Is The Caroling Season (1957)
C) Living Voices - Sing Christmas music (1962)

7) Tie:
A) Ronnie Aldridge - Christmas With Ronnie Aldrich (1964)
b) Mitch Miller And The Gang - Christmas Sing-Along With Mitch (1958)
C) Percy Faith And His Orchestra - Music of Christmas Volume 1 (1958)
D) Percy Faith And His Orchestra - Music Of Christmas Volume 2 (1965?)
E) Ray Conniff - We Wish You A Merry Christmas (1962)
F) Ray Conniff - Christmas With Conniff (1959)
G) Jerry Vale - Christmas Greetings (1964)
H) Ferrante & Teicher - We Wish You A Merry Christmas (1962)
I) Randy Van Horne Singers - Sleighride (1960)
J) Norman Luboff Choir - Christmas With The Norman Luboff Choir (1964)


8) Tie:
A) Perry Como - Sings Merry Christmas Music
B) Bing Crosby - Merry Christmas (sometimes titled 'White Christmas') (1950's?)
C) Frank Sinatra - A Jolly Christmas With Frank Sinatra (1957)
D) Roger Williams - Christmas Time (1959)
E) Dean Martin - Making Spirits Bright (cd compilation of 2 albums)
F) John Gary - The John Gary Christmas Album (1964)
G) Johnny Mathis - The Sounds Of Christmas (1963)
H) Al Martino - Merry Christmas (1964)
I) Tony Bennett Tribute Christmas CD (2006 or 2007?)

9) Tie:
A) Patti Page - Christmas With Patti Page (1959 or 1960?)
B) Andy Williams - Merry Christmas (1965)
C) Andy Williams - The Andy Williams Christmas Album (1963)
D) Lennon Sisters - Christmas With The Lennon Sisters (1962)

10) Tie:
A) Johnny Mathis - Give Me Your Love For Christmas (1969)
b) The Lettermen - For Christmas This Year (1966)
C) Perry Como - The Perry Como Christmas Album (1968)

No comments: